The 60th anniversary of the foundation of Doubleview Parish was celebrated with a Mass and community gathering on Sunday 24 February 2019.
The parish was inaugurated in 1959 when the first school building opened in the Woodlands bush setting.
A large number of current and former parishioners assembled for the diamond jubilee which was marked by Mass celebrated by parish priest Fr Peter Hoang OP.
Fr Peter commended the parish pioneers for coming together in a spirit of willingness to share their lives.
The progress over those 60 years was evidenced by the friendly and grateful crowd that enjoyed morning tea in the new Rosary Community Centre.